COVID-19, the new Chinese virus that gutted almost 160 countries worldwide is making news headlines these days in all newspapers, media channels across the nation and worldwide. The virus havoc devastated, disrupting the lifelines of the countries causing a direct impact on the nation’s economy. New cases are being reported per day and the number no longer seems to be small. Italy, Iran, Spain and of course Chine where it originated are among the worst infected countries; figures show the highest virus-infected population is in multiple of thousands in these countries. The virus barely took 90 days to reach India. The fear of corona has become the new talk of the town in the city of Mumbai -Maharashtra- India where the highest number of corona cases are found. It was first discovered in the Chinese Wuhan meat market in December 2019 (as per the media sources), and the first case to be reported in India was in March 2020. Irrespective of the increasing death toll, the people in India still know very little about this virus and the general awareness required is little among many. Irrespective of the immediate measures and repetitive efforts for creating awareness, few classes seem to be carefree of its intensity and the massive mortality that it may cause.
People all over are enjoying the prolonged holidays being homebound due to the shutdown of many offices, call centers, manufacturing industries, schools-colleges, public appearances places such as shopping malls, theatres, dining, etc. The famous English proverb says “Health Is Wealth” and therefore to be wealthy it is important that you follow the corrective steps in the right way to safeguard you and your loved ones from this pandemic coronavirus named – COVID-19. Personal hygiene and basic protective measures (cover your mouth while sneezing and coughing) – once taught in our childhood, are making its vital presence in avoiding the virus spread.
Huge information is loaded on the internet and various media including the social media alerting people on the corona spread. However, it is important that you are not baffled and bear the perfect knowledge to break the corona myths spreading faster than the virus itself.
Precautions for Covid-19
Individual hygiene is the top priority to stop the spread of any virus, bacteria or germs. Remember the coronavirus spreads primarily through the droplets generated when an infected person coughs or sneezes or through the droplet of saliva or discharge from the nose. It is therefore important to stay protected with basic hygiene: follow the following:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water at least for 20 seconds to avoid being infected by then touching your mouth, hands, and nose.
- Indulge in a habit of washing your hands, legs, and face whenever you get back home. (Thanks to our elders who taught this in our childhood – especially after coming back from strong playing -but was forgotten once grown).
- If possible after long working hours of the day take a bath after returning home with minimal contact with anything or anyone.
- Make use of scrub and loofah for cleaning your face, hand, and body.
- Stay put, step out only it is urgent or required. This will help you to avoid contact with external infections if any.
- Use a mask, stole, or a scarf to cover your face.
- Do not reuse the same mask, stole or scarf before washing.
- For safety measures ensure that the clothes once wore directly goes for laundry.
- Use pocket hand sanitizers when you are out if soap and water is not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or a piece of cloth (not by hands) when you sneeze or cough.
- Immediately dispose of the used tissue or a piece of cloth in the bin and wash your hands afterward.
- Avoid handshakes and close contact with people showing symptoms of illness.
- Avoid social activities and places of mass gathering such as going to pubs, restaurants, sauna, parlors, malls, theatres, vacations, temples, picnic, places of pilgrimage, etc.
- Do not plan any events, functions and ceremonies with a large group of people.
- Women stay beautiful with natural homemade beauty products. Avoid visiting parlors.
- Make minimum circulation of cash. Use cash money only if required. Make maximum use of online apps, online wallets, and portals for making payments such as google pay, Paytm, NEFT, net banking, etc.
- Do not be visitors and do not have visitors at your home including, friends, neighbors, and families.
- Minimize unwanted contact with the surfaces and the objects in the office workplace while traveling and also in the kitchen. You may pick up viruses from these infected surfaces as well. Therefore use disinfectants on the contaminated surfaces wherever possible or ensure that you sanitize your hands if outside. It is studied that the virus can sustain on the surfaces and objects for a maximum of 3days.
Since it is still unclear how this virus spread from person to person worldwide, no medical institutions are able to derive a permanent treatment for this virus. It is observed that the similar viruses in the past spread through cough & sneeze droplets of human beings, it is speculated that the COVID-19 also gets transmitted through cough & sneeze droplets from person to person. The symptoms of the coronavirus may take 2-14 days after being exposed to the virus. Hence the extra emphasis is placed on hands and face hygiene. It is said that people with strong immunity power are less exposed to the risk of such viruses compared to people with low immunity (strong immune system is a barrier to any type of illness, viral and viruses). Therefore to have a good immune system it is suggested to have a diet with citrus fruits, garlic, broccoli, spinach, yogurt, almonds, red bell pepper, papaya, kiwi, etc that can boost your immunity power. Famous yoga guru namely Baba Ramdev insists on the intake of giloy and doing regular pranayama to increase the immunity in you. On the other hand, it has been observed that people with serious health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart diseases, cancer, organ transplant, etc. are particularly at high risk for being corona infected.
1) Since there is no treatment so far for curing the coronavirus, above mentioned are only the precautionary measures (be it increasing the immunity system or personal hygiene or socially distancing) one may undertake to fight the virus.
2) As per the latest updates the state government of Maharashtra has decided to hand-stamp people (self-quarantine procedure for those travelers who have now landed in India after their foreign visit) who have been asked to stay in isolation after their foreign visit. Stay alert and raise alarm if any such people are seen engaged in public places or traveling via public transport.
3) Do not panic. Contact your near the medical center in case of any emergency.
Since the information on the coronavirus is constantly evolving, the facts are getting distorted which leads to many myths and beliefs that are inaccurate. The WHO – World Health Organization has also clarified on the inaccuracy of the various myths and beliefs on coronavirus. This is a small effort to portray the myths of coronavirus in India.
- Bathing with hot water will kill the virus – taking a hot bath will not prevent you from catching coronavirus. The normal body temperature remains around 36.5 – 37-degree celsius, regardless of the temperature of your bath.
- Rinsing mouth with lukewarm water and salt will kill the virus.
- Eating garlic protects people from the virus – Garlic may have some antimicrobial properties but there is no current evidence so far that eating garlic has prevented people from the coronavirus outbreak.
- With the rise in the temperature the virus will be killed due to the increased heat – However from the evidence so far it is observed that the virus can be transmitted in all areas whether the areas with hot and humid weather or the areas with cold weather or snowfall.
- Coronavirus can spread by mosquito biting – till date there is no evidence that the coronavirus could be transmitted by mosquitoes. The learned virus is a respiratory virus and not a bloodborne virus as per the experts.
- Hand dryers and UV (ultraviolet) disinfection lamps can kill the coronavirus.
- Thermal scanners help in detecting people infected by the coronavirus – thermal scanners are effective in detecting the people who have developed fever because of corona infection, but are not effective in detecting those who are infected by corona and are not yet sick with fever mainly because the virus takes 2-10 days to show its symptoms by falling sick with a fever.
- Homeopathy has the medicine for coronavirus – Covid-19 is a new and different virus and till date no medicine or vaccine is available to control the virus outbreak. Since it is respiratory illness medicines, vaccination against respiratory illness is being injected into the infected people. However, the Indian government’s Ministry of AYUSH (Department of Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) advocated the use of Arsenicum Album 30C which is also a respiratory homeopathy medicine that proved fatal in the swine flu outbreak. Since the homeopathy medicine of the Arsenicum album is successful in reducing the fever, cough, running nose, sore throat, and headache – which are also the symptoms of coronavirus, people believe there is a treatment for coronavirus in homeopathy.
- Surrendering to god and to babas & visiting them will eliminate the apparition named coronavirus – people in India are very superstitious and naive and get easily carried away by such beliefs. Sound insane but it is a fact that we came across a similar incident recently. No, we are not remarking on the sentiments of their worship or reverence in god, but it is always required that you stay alert – it may be a way to trick people for looting.
- Those looking for investments in real estate and buying a mortgage loan predict – following the global trends the lending rates may crash down to new lows in India as in the US mortgage industry.
Since it is uncertain and unclear to comment when the coronavirus outbreak will stop, it is suggested you take the necessary precautionary measures and break the chain of COVID-19- CORONAVIRUS spread.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is a general awareness message created for the welfare of the people by Loanfasttrack. A Mumbai based loan provider company since 2015 offering loan services in Mumbai on– housing loan in Mumbai, mortgage loan in Mumbai, personal loan in Mumbai, business Loan, unsecured business loans, home loan transfer, top-up loans, car loans, and loan transfers.
Loanfasttrack also assists you in finding the best bank for a home loan, to get you an instant loan in Mumbai, instant personal loan in Mumbai & business loan in Mumbai, to get you the lowest home loan rates in Mumbai, makes you qualify for the maximum loan against property eligibility & assured low-interest rates for a loan against property in Mumbai and to get you a low-cost home loan balance transfer.
To know about our services click- https://www.loanfasttrack.com/